Pisa — is an Italian city and commune in the Tuscany region, at a distance of 10 km from the Ligurian Sea, the administrative center of the province of the same name.
The unofficial symbol of the city is the Leaning Tower, since 1986, together with the square, the cathedral and the Baptistery, which has the status of a World Heritage site.
Places of interest
The famous cathedral complex in Piazza dei Miracoli ("Square of Miracles") is located away from the modern city center and includes the following monuments:
- Pisa Cathedral (it. Duomo di Pisa)
- Leaning Tower of Pisa (it. Torre pendente di Pisa)
- The Pisa Baptistery (it. Battistero di San Giovanni)
- Cemetery of Campo Santo (it. Camposanto Monumentale)
Also worth noticing:
- Museum of the Cathedral (Museo dell'Opera del Duomo)
- Sinopie Museum (Museo delle sinopie)
- San Matteo Museum
- The Palazzo Reale Museum (Museo nazionale di Palazzo Reale)
- The Museum of Graphics (Palazzo Lanfranca)
More info: http://www.pisaunicaterra.it/